Wednesday 1 October 2014

Little Dani and the 1000 islands.



Actually no, this isn't a new story. Just had a lot of fun, ideas overflowing and just something to let off steam after working on Suvarnabumi stuff. ;)

For the past few weeks, I was rather in a slump and couldn't draw much. During that time, I played a lot of The Legends of Zelda : Wind Waker and I was very much enjoying it.

And through playing it, I noticed a lot of Link's enemies like the big bird and guards have certain similarities with certain indonesian or balinese characters. In a way, it just seems familiar... probably the eyes, colours, pattern, bodypaint etc... which I really liked it but I wasn't sure if it was from that but it doesn't matter. I really enjoyed it still.

So I thought, I want to play/draw a bit because of those monsters and just play with costumes... and that finally got me drawing freely again. Even though I'm not actually indonesian myself, I have to say drawing this felt very much enjoyable. I might going to try play with this a little more because it has been so long since I actually enjoyed drawing something not related to serious work or competitions or whatnot... probably gonna try adding backgrounds etc if it's fitting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...