Wednesday 29 October 2014

Dani preview




So for my next work, I'll probably be going to focus on Dani's story first instead of Suvarnabumi for the time being. Reason being that an opportunity has risen that I could be able to use Dani's story well and I want to try a new approach that is needed for the work.

Briefly said, there's a local company currently launching a platform for comics on mobile phones who are asking for submissions and I am willing to try. It is still very new but I was intrigued with the idea, the platform and what are the possibilities with it... So, I wanted to try it out with Dani.

As for making comics on mobile apps, the challenge was to draw panel by panel comic in one long scroll... The easiest and effective example would be meme or gag comics. With only 320 x 480 in size limit, minimum of at least 6 pages to 20 panels limit per episode, there's only so much that can be put in one episode.

That is what I want to try and with what I'm showing on the picture preview above, would be my desired approach.

At first it felt like a joke but after a long thought... why not? I will experiment more with this new approach and see how it will come out.

Although, as expected, this kind of repetitive use of frame is of course, easy to make IF I have already pre-made the characters, expressions, gestures, etc. As of right now, I've only completed Dani's and I still have to complete the other two members of the group, their enemy and other side characters. Completing Dani's library of expressions and gestures alone took a long time. Not to mention, some work on backgrounds which I am sorely weak at.

Still, I hope I don't disappoint those who might be expecting Suvarnabumi works as I will continue to focus on this on for the moment.

Even still, thank you for reading and following my progress.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...