Wednesday 14 November 2012

To all my viewers and readers,

For the next four weeks, I will embark on the most longest, treacherous race I've ever done so far in my life. (lol so far)

But still, no really, seriously.

Well, to make it easier to understand, let me start from the beginning~

On the 22nd of December, there will be an international comic-con event going down that I've been meaning to go since early semester. Not only that, they're holding a comic competition starting since this month recently till 15th of December, which is the last date of submission. And obviously, I've been trying to participate this competition in any way I can.

Now, the problem is that they've set a specific theme for each age group and for what I can enter is about 'revival'. Not only that, the page limit for submission is only 7 PAGES.

I have no problem with the first part as my current working comic still could suffice to relate to that theme but limiting to only 7 pages is next to impossible. Which is pretty sad because I thought I could've just submitted the 'Liga Prajurit' comic as my contest submission but eh I guess nothing is THAT easy, eh?

So the only solution is to either redraw the comic to FIT that 7 pages OR to start another 7-page one-shot from scratch. I chose the latter as my decision.

So since the beginning of this week, I've been painstakingly created the overall story, character design and concept while having to deal with some serious university stuff.

God wills it that I will succeed in at least participating because getting an entry isn't just to make a name for myself but as a test to if I am capable as I hoped to be able to sell my ideas, to influence and to inspire.

I will try to update weekly just as usual but there'd be most likely be lacking of the usual Liga Prajurit updates because I'd be temporarily working on this 7-page on shot under 4 weeks.. 4 weeks may sound a lot but when you're in university, it probably means only like 2-3 days of free time that I could actually use to produce such work.

So just to inform early that I would not update Liga Prajurit for next week and most likely for the next four weeks. I'll upload the one-shot comic once it is done.

Thank you for continuing to follow my work development and I apologize for anyone who may be hoping for the next comic's updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...