Tuesday 4 August 2015

Dani Progress Preview




This week's preview.

Also I wanted to share that I've only discovered another manga/comic effect to better use in fight scenes like these. Although it is kinda awkward that I've only discovered this late because that means I might have to rework some of the earlier pages that consists of battle scenes to make them look at least a bit better.

Still, is a nice discovery, even though it's a very late one because this is a few pages before the fight is over.

In any case, I've started preparing and done proper dialogues for all the pages I've done for a test print this week. Not sure if anyone noticed but I skipped a whole part for this preview. The part before this one is a repetition of the introduction where Dani and his friends use their blacksmith powers.

Simply said, I'm trying out uhh... what do they call that writing technique thing?... repetition? no. The uh - "The introduction of the story was actually the middle/conflict of the whole story all along and everything's been ending up to this point kinda thing".

This can be done easily in animations/movies and whatnot by showing the exact same scene again but what about in comics? can I just reuse the pages I've done before or must I redraw everything different again to avoid copy pasting too obvious a solution?

Which is why I'm going to test print it first and try it on a few friends - see what their reactions are. If they are comfortable, then I'd say continue. If they notice "BRO WHY SAME PAGES HERE LAZY SHITE", then I might have to reconsider.

In any case, it's been quite a while since I've done this comic and it's nice to see how it's coming up. Hopefully to be done by end of the year's yearly comic event.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...