Thursday 19 December 2013

Tiny update

It'll be Comic Fiesta by this saturday and sunday and I'm hoping to be there with my comics to be sold there.

So there's nothing much else till then but I've been working something for a while.

Another of a sketch/test I've been working on for the upcoming work.

A mixture of 18-19thc Ottoman and post colonial Malay uniforms for high ranking officials.

What I really tried to emphasize here is the detailed use of patterns. I figured out that this could be an attraction that could be used to even further.


Even so, the actual challenge is repeating the patterns while not screwing up the proportion of each object. The pattern designs used are actual existing designs, all that changed are the look and shape of the uniform itself.

I haven't uploaded the traced pattern objects that I used and intend to use but I can say that most are embroidered cloth/batik patterns. I also used wood carving patterns that I find fitting.

More will come later.

PS: I've created a page compiling all the works, concepts and such for this work in a page for storing as well as viewing. You may check them out if you wish at http://zharifhazwan.blogspot.com/p/suvarnabhumi-golden-earth.html

As for now it will act mostly as storage, details and story will come up later.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...